Arthroscopy Surgeries and Procedures in Chennai:
Some of the Arthroscopic Surgeries performed in Ravina Hospital
Arthroscopy for Shoulder:
Rotator cuff tendon tears, impingement syndrome, and recurrent dislocations
Arthroscopy for Knee:
Meniscal (cartilage) tears, chondromalacia (wearing or injury of cartilage cushion), and anterior cruciate ligament tears with instability
Arthroscopy for Wrist:
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Arthroscopy for Loose bodies of bone and/or cartilage: for example, knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, or wrist
Some problems associated with arthritis also can be treated.
- Rotator cuff Arthroscopic surgery
- Arthroscopic Repair or resection of torn cartilage (meniscus) from knee or shoulder
- Arthroscopic Reconstruction of anterior cruciate ligament in knee
- Removal of inflamed lining (synovium) in knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle
- Release of carpal tunnel
- Repair of torn ligaments
- Removal of loose bone or cartilage in knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, wrist.
Benefits of arthroscopy?
- The scar over the operation site is typically far smaller than if the surgery was done via conservative open methods.
- This translates to a large cosmetic benefit to a conscious patient.
- Minimal invasive surgery typically translates into a relatively shorter stay in the hospital.
- Although many operations used in foot and ankle surgery are day-case anyway, sometimes with “larger” operations hospital stays can still be reduced the arthroscopy way.
- Recovery and return to work can be significantly reduced with arthroscopic procedures.
- Results are more predictive and successful with arthroscopic procedures.
Talk to Arthroscopic specialists at Ravina Hospital today